Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Getting It Done

Good morning fellow #temters and friends,


I hope you've all been getting active in some way. On my walk each morning, I really have enjoyed the distraction of Twitter. I open my Twitter app, turn on the tunes, and set my timer. On my Interval Timer it adjusts the music depending on a low intensity or a high intensity. I get the opportunity to catch up on my tweets or favourite any that I want to look at later, especially blog posts where I can see it. I'm thinking about buying an iPad just for that reason. I'm going to have to justify it a bit better... Maybe a goal would be to continue to workout each day for the months of September and October. I'm a bit worried that I'm going to let it slide with the busyness of heading back to work. I know you'll all push me to get it done :-). When I've worked out faithfully I'll buy myself the iPad (it'll also give me time to save up for it). Anyways, I'll stop rambling now. My point is if you find yourself addicted to Twitter because of all the good stuff and you still want to get up moving, take your Smartphone or iPhone with you. Just take caution. We don't want to hear of accidents happening.


I'm actually very proud of myself for committing to exercising.  I've gone passed my half way 30 Day Challenge on the Wii (Yay Me!!!) and I'm into my third week of Walking Training. I'm so proud of myself. I feel great. Each day I'm not dreading doing the workouts. I'm finding time to get active in some way. Sometimes, I have to multitask hence the iPhone and Twitter :-). #temt has been such a motivator. When I see others getting out and being active it helps to motivate me to do the same thing.


I've had a goal for the last 3 weeks and it's to get past a certain plateau. Tonight at Weight Watchers I'm hoping to have passed it. I've been here for 5 weeks and I'm hoping the working out is going to help. It did last week, so lets cross our fingers this week. I'm not going to get distracted by the scale because I know the exercise is helping in a lot of other areas as well. It hasn't been that long of a time period. I know we all want results instantly but to see the effects of exercising and eating healthy does take time.

Take time out for yourself, be active and enjoy what you are doing. Remember, we're all here to support and encouragement each other.

Also posted at April's Best Life

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story April! I am so excited about how we are all helping each other stay on track getting our exercise programs to be more consistent. When school starts I am really going to be looking to our team #temt to help me find ways to fit in exercise time. Thanks again for joining the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April...so with you with the plateau thing. It afflicts all of us. I at one right now and reading the blogs here will help me get up early tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete