Saturday, July 27, 2013

#TEMTChallenge

I have absolutely loved reading all of the posts that have been written on this blog, but as I said in my introductory blog I am in a rut and I need a little bit of motivation.

I loved Joan's blog about her Love Hate Relationship with her FitBit Flex  I too have a Fitbit and love it, but I have become very complacent this summer (which really means that by the time I do get up.. it is way to stinking hot for me to get out of my house to go for a walk)  But, here in a few weeks I will be clothes shopping for the new school year.. and I need to get back on track!

Although you can  follow people on fitbit, I need something a little bit more accountable.  Here are my thoughts.

I have a separate instagram account that I have set for private for weight loss.  It has pictures of my journey along with motivation and my weekly goals.

After chatting with Joan we talked about sharing our daily steps.  I think for me I am going to try to go with one main goal a week that I can easily keep track of.  I plan to share it on Monday and then give updates along the way.  Not only do I use fitbit, but I also use RunKeeper.  I would love to say that I am going to at least 10000 steps a day, but then I sometimes feel defeated when I don't get that. 

Some goals I might have for the #temtchallenge
-Walk/jog/run ______ miles in a week (runkeeper is great for this.. and it will increase my fitbit steps)
-Make a gym class (I know I enjoy these.. and I always feel so much better after.. so I need to get my rear in gear!)

What goals might you have?  Are you up for an accountability challenge?  Would you like to connect through fitbit, runkeeper or loseit?

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Thanks for this post! I love the weekly sharing of a goal and progress reports along the way.
    My goals are: 30-60 minutes of high activity for 5-6 days per week and weight training at least 2 times a week, preferably 3. I go to classes 3-4 days per week which will take care of those cardio minutes, and then run/jog/walk 2 days a week. I also do JustDance3 at home for some extra steps and for fun :) I think it will be great to help each other stay on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are fantastic goals.. and you totally inspire me! Thanks for being so supportive :)

      Delete