Friday, July 12, 2013

My Love Hate Relationship with my Fitbit Flex


Here's what I've got today at 1:30 p.m. 


I'm a little hesitant to jump on the bandwagon with new gadgets, so I waited awhile before buying the FitBit Flex. And no, this is not an advertisement. I just want to share some insights into how my own awareness and behavior have shifted since this device arrived last weekend.


  • First off, I am driving my husband absolutely nuts ;-) Dancing around the kitchen, doing laps in our very small apartment, all so I can meet my steps goal. Come on, now! I know you'd be doing the same thing at 9:30 p.m. if it said you needed just 18% more to reach your daily goal ;)



  • Second, it's made me realize that when I am not active doing Zumba or boot(y) camp or kickboxing, I am not that active when school is not in session. Granted, I have been doing quite a bit of writing work this summer, and even when I stand up while on my computer, I'm not really moving that much! Ugh.. must get a treadmill desk ;-)

  • Third, I've grown appreciative of short little activity boosts of 15 minutes to get my juices flowing. In fact, I'm about to go over to my Wii and do some JustDance3. In the past, I would have an all or nothing mentality about exercise. If I didn't have an hour to sweat like crazy, then it didn't count. I am seeing, through my graphs, how wrong that attitude is.

Well, I'd keep rambling here, but by the looks of things on my graph, it's time to get movin'! What are you doing to be sure that you are active enough to ensure your good health? 

No comments:

Post a Comment