Sunday, July 3, 2011

Going Green: Day 3

The Awesome Green Smoothie Challenge with Santosha Yoga started on July 1, but due to a hectic schedule that day (and lack of preparation on my part!) I "cheated" on day 1 by substituting Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness smoothie that I picked up at the store. It was very good; and the sale price made it even better! Since this is a pasteurized product, the benefits are not as complete as a raw smoothie. But, it was an acceptable substitute and, IMO, and met the spirit of the challenge.

I'm finding that I really like the green smoothies. I love that I'm getting at least 4 servings of produce. I love the flavor. I love that I'm putting good food into my body. I love that I'm eating less junk because I'm full.

I used the same recipe as yesterday (Irish Banana Split Smoothie), but today I cut back on the pineapple a bit and substituted a slightly over-ripe peach. I also reduced the amount of water to 1 cup. The pigments in the peach skin did shift the color a little.

Another change today is I did not "process" it quite so much, as I felt I incorporated too much air yesterday. This left some very fine pieces of spinach, but still very drinkable. It actually looks a little bit like confetti. :)

Although it's only been a few days, I really want to commit to this. Hope I can inspire you to try it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment